WELCOME TO S. M. PATEL COLLEGE OF HOME SCIENCE
The focus is given to prepare young women in a profession way to deal with changing life situations. It also plays a vital role in increasing the capability of the family and community for a better quality of life through the competences developed by this education. The subjects offered have the wide potential for Personal development, Academic development as well as Commercial application. The syllabus combines theory, practical and field work with core, foundation & specialization courses and ICT courses leads to social and economic empowerment of the young graduates.
THE LOGO OF THE COLLEGE IS AN OPEN BOOK, WHICH IS SPREADING THE LIGHT OF KNOWLEDGE WITH A MOTTO. 'VIDYARATANA MAHADHANAM' IGNITED MINDS BETTER TOMORROW.
SALIENT FEATURES OF THE INSTITUTE
Empowering young girls through quality education to meet current and emerging challenges in global perspective for the development of the self and society.
S.M.Patel college of Home science is the only women's college in Charutar area committed to the cause of women's empowerment through access to education through formal and non formal streams. As I take over the mantle of Principal ship, I realize that this is due to the fact that this institution was shaped by the toil and sweat of towering personalities like Pujya Shri Bhaikaka, Shri Bhikhabhai, Shri H. M. Patel and Dr. C L Patel.
Dr. Bhavana Chauhan - Principal [ Read Principal Message ]
To provide scientifically planned skill oriented courses relevant in present context. To continuously upgrade the curriculum that is globally valuable, locally relevant and responsive to upcoming challenges of the society. To affiliate, synergize with communities, organizations, institutions at local, regional, National and International level. Empowering young girls to respond creatively with a sense of responsibility to the contemporary needs of the society. Capacity building of young girls to inculcate a sound philosophy for holistic living and maintain a sustainable career growth curve.
1. To give practical experience by industrial linkages and community neighborhood networking.
2. To sensitize the students in identifying the needs of less advantaged/deprived group in the society and made a positive contribution to the society.
3. To identify and nurture the innovative entrepreneurial abilities of young girls for lifelong socio-economic value / addition.
4. To develop potential and creativity among students and help them in solving academic and personal problems.
1. To develop self-confidence and personality of the students to face various challanges of life .
2. To impart education (knowledge and skills) to the young women in Home Science and related areas.
3. To prepare students for various vocations & professions.
4. To develop self-confidence and personality of the students to face various life situations.
1. Family Resource Management - Interior Design, Hospitality Management, Tourism, Consumer Studies,Modular Kitchen, AutoCAD, Residential Space Design, Front Office Management, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Internship.
2. Foods & Nutrition-Medical Nutrition Therapy, Maternal & Child Nutrition, Biochemistry, Clinical Nutrition, Public Health Epidemiology, Institutional Food Service Management, Marketing, Internship.
3. Human Development - Early Childhood Education, Puppetry & Dramatization, Child with Special Needs, Life span Development, Guidance & Counselling, Women’s Issues, Child Welfare, Internship.
4. Textile & Clothing -Apparel Design & Textiles, Textiles Dyes, Laundry Science, Draping, Traditional Costumes, Traditional Textiles, Indian Tribal Costumes, Fashion & colour.
5. Food Science & Quality Control(Self-Finance Course) - Food Packaging, Food Costing, Entrepreneurship, Hospital Management, Food Preservation, Food Product Development, Food Adulteration, On the Job Training.